The Apple iPad is a revolutionary, addictive Tablet PC with Wi-Fi. Add in 3G, and it becomes even more useful, just perhaps not $130 more useful, which is the premium you'll pay for always-on connectivity. And with 3G you have to tack on another $15 to $30 a month for service. The 3G model ($829, 64GB) costs enough more than the Apple iPad (Wi-Fi-only version) that you have to seriously consider where you'll use the 3G. Remember, this isn't likely a device you'll whip out on the street. Considering that even adding a paid Wi-Fi subscription will save you money over the 3G model, you may find that there are enough Wi-Fi hotspots and other ways to get online to make up for the lack of built-in cellular connectivity.
Apple Computer Inc.
- Price as Tested: $829.00 Direct
- Email Access: Dedicated email app
- Storage Capacity: 64 GB
- Dimensions: 9.6 x 7.5 x 0.5 inches
- Networking Options: 802.11b, 802.11g, 802.11n, 3G
- Screen Size: 9.7 inches
- Weight: 1.6 lb
- Notes: Pricing: Wi-Fi + 3G: $629 (16GB), $729 (32GB), $829 (64GB).